What Is The Heck Is Audi G28? > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기

자유게시판

What Is The Heck Is Audi G28?

Andres
2024-05-11 15:55 17 0

본문

How to Replace an replacement audi key G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician shows how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. The sensor audi tt key fob is located on the outside of the transmission just above the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal the ECU via a grey wire (T55/49) and then to the tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located on the edge of transmission, just above the flywheel ring. The sensor transmits an electrical signal through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU then uses this information to control fuel, timig and boost. It also sends an indication to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster.

The sensor serves as a reference to correlate with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu must be aware when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is located so that it can trigger spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails the ECU will throw an error code P00160 which indicates that the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are out of sync, possibly indicating chain stretch or a jumped link on the upper timing chain. The code won't appear without the additional information provided by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It is a little tricky to test because there are several pins on the connector and each one has different functions. The best way to do it is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read around 1000 ohms when the sensor is at full operation. Examine for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay if there are issues with this component.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating at full speed from the highway paytoll, I experienced massive power loss like the engine is running out of gas or the injectors aren't firing any more. In the morning, i removed the spark plugs. Three were drenched in gazoline, the 4th one was dry. When I start the engine, there are no sparks i put tissue on the top of each hole in the injector and the 3 drenched with gazoline pop out, but the 4th stay shut. I checked the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55, 30/55 and 48/55. I get 0ohm. I think the issue is in another location.

I also tried to reset PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it runs fine with the G28 plugged in. However, the intermittent misfire problem persists at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even if it is not plugged in, shows an ice temperature of -49c. Also, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit is showing 2 bar when the actual pressure is 0.0 when i rev the engine.

I'm not sure what to do, but i think i've pretty much completely ruled out all other possibilities. I'm concerned that i may have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 receives signals from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is similar to the G4 sender and both work on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily find the spare in a salvage shop or a parts store. Test them out by putting your DMM in resistance mode and take measurements between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's end up) and 2 (2nd from left on the black connector's end). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY ADU) engines requires to be aware of the speed and position of the crankshaft to determine fuel injector timing, etc. To do this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If either of these sensors go bad you will get codes on the diagnostic scanner that can lead to engine shutdown.

A damaged G28 sensor can cause an inaccurate gearbox speed counter or a gearbox that shifts more quickly than normal, and/or a misfire in the gear. It is likely that the sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you notice any of these symptoms. The good news is they are very affordable and easily accessible, especially if you're looking at the Bosch unit which is what we have. Alternatively, the GM version of this component is also a great option.

5. Tachometer

A faulty engine speed sensor could be a cause for numerous issues with your vehicle. It's a vital component of your Audi Tt Key Fob's transmission, since it relays information to the ECU about how fast or slow the vehicle's crankshaft is spinning. When this sensor fails, it could disrupt the performance of the transmission, as well as the rest of the car's components.

The G5 engine speed sensor is located on the edge of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear and sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49, via an uncolored wire. The ECU is then able to process this signal to control fuel, timig and boost and then transmitting it to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can test the sensor for failure by checking continuity between it and the tachometer, between the ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection to pin T6a/1 (trace [79]) as well as between T6a/1, and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. There should be the resistance to be around 1000 ohms in these areas. This is the same across the Audi 80-100-200-RS2 range, from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS AN and the 1995 RS2 DU, so you might find good ones in wrecking yards.volkswagon-logo.jpg

댓글목록0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.
게시판 전체검색